Kate: Week 6 Do-Over

Yes, a do-over is required. Instead of finishing strong and completing the 6-week challenge like a good nutritarian, I had two meals of absolute garbage. How could this have happened?!? I'll tell you. Lollapalooza happened. It was an incredible weekend at Lolla with VIP access to backstage areas which provided free drinks and snacks. My intent was to have a reasonable indulgence of one drink. Well, one vodka and smartwater turned into several, which kissed all nutritional reason goodbye. The poison that I ingested as a result was: Doritos, Coke Zero, french fries, chicken fingers and pizza. Yep, there it is. What's sad is that I didn't even crave any of those items. It was simply a result of poor reason, bad timing and limited late night resources.

There is a tiny glimmer of silver lining. The only food I really enjoyed was the pizza. After 5+ weeks of eating a nutritarian diet it was incredibly eye-opening when my taste buds didn't even like the foods that I used to eat so freely. The Doritos were amazing for about five chips...then they just started burning my tongue and my whole mouth was on salt overload. The fries and chicken fingers tasted so peculiar to me. It seemed like all I could taste was the oil they were fried in. The most astonishing part was my reaction to the Coke Zero. Prior to my starting the challenge, I could have been classified as a soda addict. It was the most refreshing, satisfying beverage to me. Now, I would have thought I was drinking acid. The carbonation was so intense, I could hardly swallow it and the flavor tasted like a foul mix of toxic chemicals.


I don't feel guilty for the indulgence or even the couple of pounds that I gained as a result. Rather, I just feel regret towards eating low-nutrient food that I know did not do me any good. To make up for this derailment, I will be re-doing my sixth week of the challenge before I even think about beginning the Eat to Live life plan. I won't be weighing myself again until the end of my do-over week. I decided it's not cheating because it's my life, and I make the rules. ;)
Cheers! My sis, Sarah and I about to make some bad decisions.

Comments

  1. OOOOh doritos! Nothing wrong with having some fun. Yay for week 6 again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts