Kate: Week 6

Current Weight: 124.6
Week 6 Weight Loss: 4.8 lbs
Starting Weight: 144
Total Weight Loss: 19.4 lbs

Bam! Done! Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live 6-Week Challenge is behind me...but that does not mean the transformation to optimal health is complete. At this point I can decide to began Dr. Fuhrman's Life Plan which means following a 90% plant based diet with 10% lesser-nutrient "splurge" foods. I can also decide to make the 6-week challenge guidelines my personal life plan. I could even consider introducing minimal meat and dairy into my diet. What to do...


Well, the decision was easy. I am beyond thrilled to have reached 124.6, however, I still have disease causing fat to lose. In addition, my husband has decided to begin the 6-week challenge! I will continue following the initial challenge to support my hubs and to aggressively attack my last several pounds of flab.


The past 6 weeks ignited an obsession with whole plant-based cooking and baking. Prior to the 6-weeks I would constantly think about food...refined carbs loaded with dairy and salt or butter laden cakes and muffins mostly. Now, the obsessive meal/recipe/menu planning has gone through a complete makeover. Nothing thrills me more than creating delicious meals from plants/fruits/nuts/beans that are free of oil, salt and refined sugar. 


Since I've been basically living in my kitchen, I got a HUGE surprise yesterday...I was working on a nutritarian BBQ sauce (a disastrous recipe I will spare you all from!) when hubs walks into the kitchen with a Sur la Table bag with gorgeous purple tissue paper and ribbon! Eeeeeeee!...would accurately describe the sound I made. To celebrate the completion of my 6-weeks he got me a Wusthof Classic 7" Santoku knife. I could not believe it. My first Wusthof as well as a beautiful bamboo cutting board. Perfection. I chopped through a lot of onions last night enjoying the authority and control the santoku displayed. If you guys need anything chopped, I'm your gal. I cannot get enough! Thanks, Barry!

In love.

Comments

  1. Kate was in a chopping frenzy last night. I'm jealous.

    Congrats on your 6 weeks. Can't wait to go swimming this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts