Mike: Week 10

Well, crap.

I accidentally deleted my week 10 update.  Here is the abridged version.

Current Weight: 152.8 lbs
Initial Weight: 191 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 38.2 lbs

I was shocked that I lost three more pounds after stagnating for a week or so.  My body is still continuing to slim down and tighten up.  My love handles are flattening out, and my thighs aren't rubbing together when I walk.  I'm on my last belt loop, and I pulled some of my clothes out of my closet that I haven't been able to wear in 6 years.  I will be very curious to see how much just eating a healthy diet does to my body.  People keep mentioning how healthy my skin looks too.

My parents decided to commit to the 6 week challenge.  Hopefully they will go strong through the 6 weeks and get a feel for what it is like to not be addicted to salt, sugar, meat, and oil.  I think they will shocked at how much better they will look and feel in 6 weeks.  I hope they stick to it.


Dr. Fuhrman's Creamy Zucchini Soup
serves 6-8
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 - 2 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 5 medium), chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 cups low or no-sodium vegetable broth
optional: 2 cups water
1/4 cup raw cashews or 1/8 cup raw cashew butter
4 cups baby spinach
2 cups corn kernels*
1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste

Add onion, garlic, zucchini, basil, thyme, oregano and vegetable broth to a large soup pot. If liquid is not covering ingredients, add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.

Pour into a food processor or high powered blender (in batches, if necessary), add the cashews and blend until smooth and creamy.  Or, if using raw cashew butter, you can use a hand held blender and puree the soup right in the pot.

Return soup to the pot, add corn and baby spinach, and stir. Spinach will wilt from the heat of the soup. Season with black pepper.

* Use fresh or defrosted frozen corn kernels. If using fresh corn, boil 2 ears of corn until tender, about 4 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs with a sharp knife.

Comments

Popular Posts